Wednesday 10 August 2011

Weekly Playlist: Musicals


My first playlist is dedicated to Annette Charles, who played racy dancer Cha Cha DeGregorio in Grease. She sadly passed away last Wednesday, aged 63, after being diagnosed with cancer a few months earlier. Cha Cha, who was described as "the best dancer at St Bernadette's ... with the worst reputation" was one of my favourite characters in the film and after over 100 viewings I still enjoy joining in with her memorable hand jive.


In honour of Annette Charles, my first Weekly Playlist will feature my favourite songs from film musicals:

1. Grease - We Go Together

2. Rocky Horror Picture ShowTouch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me

3. Little Mermaid - Part Of Your World

4. Chicago - Cell Block Tango

5. Sound Of Music - So Long Farewell

6. Nightmare Before Christmas - What's This?

7. Grease - Sandy

8. Mary Poppins - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

9. Moulin RougeEl Tango de Roxanne

10. Hairspray - You Can't Stop The Beat

11. Rent - Out Tonight

12. Beauty And The Beast - Be Our Guest

13. Evita - Don't Cry For Me Argentina

14. West Side Story - America

15. My Fair Lady - On The Street Where You Live

16. Little Shop Of Horrors - Suddenly, Seymour

17. Cabaret - Maybe This Time

18. The King And I - Getting To Know You

19. Funny Girl - Don't Rain On My Parade

20. Hercules - I Won't Say I'm In Love

CLICK HERE to listen to the playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment