Friday 28 January 2011

A Nostalgic Post - Schools I Wish I Attended And Ones I'm Glad I Didn't

Five Schools I Wish I Attended:

This school was so good that when it moved from North London to Liverpool, instead of attending another school in London, the students moved with it. If my school had moved, I would have just gone to the school down the road instead.

4. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Shermer High School 
The egocentric teenager who skipped school, lied to his parents and friends, got the whole town involved in the lie, stole and caused millions of dollars worth of property damage by destroying Cameron's dads car was the good guy, and the man who was trying to do his job and actually gave a damn about his students futures by ensuring they attended school was the bad guy? I wish I got away with that kind of crap.

3. Sixteen Candles - Shermer High School
The hot Jake Ryan dumped his beautiful, willing and sweet girlfriend to date the nearly invisible sophomore just because she stares at him and "maybe [he's] interested in more than a party." Well I'll stare at you all you want Jake!

2. Clueless - Beverly Hills High School
This is a school where even the likes of Cher Horowitz - "That's Ren and Stimpy. They're way existentialist" - manages to talk her way into an A- average.

1. Harry Potter - Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry
During the run up to my 11th birthday I waited and waited for my acceptance letter to Hogwarts but unfortunately it never came and I had to attend a chump school for Muggles. Instead of Quidditch, we had netball; instead of Charms with Professor Flitwick, we had geography with Mr Kent; instead of being in Gryffindor, I was in Davies, and it certainly wasn't chosen by The Sorting Hat. They may have had to deal with Lord Voldermort, but I had to deal with Mrs Williams! 


Five Schools I'm Glad I Never Attended:

5. Veronica Mars - Neptune High
Not only does everybody at this school seem to end up in prison at some point or other, but you also can't get away with the slightest wrongdoing without Veronica Mars getting on your case and pointing the finger at you. Back off blondie!

4. High School Musical - East High
STOP SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls in school are bad enough when they are just bitchy, but in this school you risk your hair falling out or getting thrown out of a window every time you upset somebody...I would not look good bald!

A psycho, murderous ex boyfriend who kills your mother. His best friend who joins in...why does he kill people again? And then they both start killing every person in the school, whether connected to the storyline or not.


1. Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Sunnydale High School 
"We're not good friends. Most of us never found the time to get to know you, but that doesn't mean we haven't noticed you. We don't talk about it much, but it's no secret that Sunnydale High isn't really like other high schools. A lot of weird stuff happens here. But whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you or helped by you at one time or another. We're proud to say that the class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history, and we know at least part of that is because of you." 
That was the lowest mortality rate? I think I'd move to a town where there aren't any zombies, hyena people or vampires.

No comments:

Post a Comment